Monday, July 03, 2006

Days off

Well I had my two days off and decided to go visit Charla and take a hike around Waterton Lakes National Park on my days off. My car died halfway between Pincher Creek and Waterton, but luckily within minutes I got picked up by a Park Canada forest firefighting crew and hitched a ride to town, where Pat drove me out to my car and set me up. The rest of the day I hiked around and enjoyed a delicious meatball sub from Subway. Really, what is a National Park without a Subway inside of it? Also had the pleasure of helping out the flies around the park, they bite into my skin as if it was a rare tenderloin. But, compared to the hordes of mosquitoes I have been dealing with in Calgary, it was almost a nice change. I was was talking to Herald Photographer Mikael Kjellstrom about my goals and what I plan to do in September when I am done at the Herald, and he referred me to this which was a very positive thing to listen on my beautiful hike and got me into some good spirits. Anyways, back to work at the Herald tomorrow, but here are a few of the photos I came up with on my day off.
These are apparently not windmills, but wind-power turbines. Charla made it very clear that the locals do not like them to be called windmills, but windmills sounds better than turbines to me.
A purdy rainbow on my drive to Pincher Creek.
Some reflections of the surrounding mountain range and a barb-wire fence.A little Inukshuk that was placed on the edge of Upper Waterton Lake.

The forest silhouettes Mount Boswell as it shines in the distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home