Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Michelle.

Michelle Dean's weight fluctuated between 100 and 190 pounds as she battled an eating disorder. At her lowest body weight, she stopped menstruating, lost hair on her head, and grew fine body hair. She is speaking about her history with anorexia at a free public education event on eating disorders Feb. 6 at City Hall. Brett Beadle/Richmond News

Read the full story here.

I wish I had a bit more "studio" space for this shot. I was shooting from the production office and the backdrop was setup in a fairly busy walkway in the office, but was the only spot to set it up. The shadow of Michelle's mom Terry was cast by a flash with a kraft-dinner-box snoot. (Always gets some laughs when I pull it out.) The flash on Michelle was gripped to a cubicle to the left and zoomed way in and aimed at her. Both Michelle and I wanted to get away from the typical "looking into the mirror" anorexia shots, so I think this one worked pretty well for what I was going for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home