Saturday, January 06, 2007

Paramedic Response

Richmond chief paramedic Pascal Rodier says tragedies like 9/11 and Columbine exemplify the importance of a unified communication frequency for all first responders. Richmond is the first city to pilot such a project, and now other communities in the Lower Mainland are looking to Richmond to help them set up their own such system.

Brett Beadle/Richmond News


EDIT: HOW I DID IT

I shot this at about a 15th or 20th of a second on my 16-35mm lens. I had one flash set up on a 2-dollar clamp w/ hotshoe thing I have in my bag for situations like this where I can't have a lightstand but need to position a strobe. Fired the strobe zoomed in at about 50mm clamped onto the left glove compartment. Because it was raining, there was a lot of glare off of the windshield, so I attached my Circ. Polarizing Filter which took away the glare where Pascal was sitting and made him "pop" a bit more. I got Pascal to turn on the lights after a few shots to add a bit more to the zoom/driving effect. It was one of those situations where I had a 5 word assignment with this guy's name and location and a blurb on the radio system they were using. So I got Pascal to explain everything to me so I could get a mental picture of what a situation like this might look like, and tried to make an interesting image from what I was thinking he would look like responding to a big call. Phew. Next post, more rangefinder shots with natural light and easy explanations.

EDIT 2: Forgot to say I zoomed out while taking the picture, hah, kind of important.

-Brett.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charla Huber said...

Nice shot, how did you do it

1:44 PM  
Blogger Brett Beadle said...

added a "how it did it" to the post.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home