Friday, December 08, 2006

A feature and an illustration

A couple of different style shots.

The first is a feature from last Friday which just ran today. Was a really cool day, very interesting lighting and I had never been to this park before. He was the only one walking around in the park, and ended up getting wet shoes after sloshing around in the snow to try to get the shot. Has a lot of fun running around in the snow though, although I probably looked like a nutcase.

Next is the shot that ran on the Richmond News' front page today. I was told to go out and 'grab' some kind of shot of someone addicted to video or online gaming. In comes my buddy Kevin Chao. I go over to his place and get him to look as intense as possible, set up a few flashes, we have a few laughs, and that is that. Using creative off-camera flash makes these kinds of shots really sing, and as Illustrations to prove a point, I think they work well. Here I used my two flashes zoomed all the way in to get a more dramatic harsh style lighting to get a look I think would go with the shot.

Raymond Prestridge, who was visiting Richmond on business from his hometown of Weatherford, Texas, takes a walk around Garry Point under dramatic afternoon skies. Excessive gaming has recently been recognized as a social problem. At Richmond Addiction Services, it accounts for 80 per cent of one youth counsellor's caseload.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hear kev chao only plays beach volleyball video games... nothing wrong with that addiction

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home