Tuesday, April 17, 2007

a recap.

Well, it has been about a year now since I started this blog last year, at the end of my schooling at Western Academy and the start of my internship at the Calgary Herald. It amazing how fast a year goes, and how much things change. This will be my 139th post on the blog, which also acts as a good archiving system and allows you to look at your work from the past very easily. It's amazing to take a look back at the pictures I was taking as I was getting out of school, how happy I was with the pictures I was taking, and how seemingly awful I think they look now.

It is all part of the growing process I guess, and keeps me excited for the future of pictures I am going to take. I still love taking pictures as much as I did before school, if not more, and I hope that doesn't change. Now I am hoping I have enough time and perseverance to work on some long-term projects outside of my full-time job, which I am looking into, albeit slowly-but-surely. I just bought a new camera, and although it was an option to upgrade my Canon digital I chose instead to buy a 20 year old camera without a lightmeter. Because I think I'll have more fun with it. At the end of the day, photography is still fun, and I'm happy as ever to be able to make a living taking pictures, it's a blessing.

-Brett. Apr 17/2007

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work buddy.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home