Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Portraits...

Well, after a 15 hour day yesterday and a 330 km round -trip drive down to Fort Mcleod, I am pretty knackered. But only two more days to go. Shawn was a great guy and I am happy one of the smaller towns with such a history won the bid for the new college. I wish I had more time to see inside the fort, but I guess that will have to wait for another time. The picture below of Wendy and Neil was truly a difficult situation, to hear what they have been through really is emotional. I managed to get five pictures off before Wendy started crying and they said they had enough. This +15 was only ten feet away from the hearing, so I figured I would get the picture before they changed their minds, and thought it was a fairly interesting background, save for the sign behind his head. Fort Mcleod, AB-20060829-.Fort Mcleod mayor Shawn Patience stands outside the old fort in the town. Fort Mcleod, 165 kms south of Calgary, has long ties to policing and the RCMP, having been the first North West Mounted Poilice post in Western Canada when it was established in the 1870's. The Klein government gave final approval to make the town the home to Alberta's new police college, which will train up to 1,4000 of the province's non-RCMP officers. Photo by Brett Beadle/Calgary Herald
Calgary, AB-20060828-.Neil and Wendy Burton are in the process of trying to gain compensation after Neil was fired from his job because of erratic behavior. After collapsing in the shower one day, they later discoverd Neil has a brain tumor, which was the cause of his erratic behavaiour and has robbed him of three years of his memory. Photo by Brett Beadle/Calgary Herald (For City section story by Kerry Williamson)

2 Comments:

Blogger Charla Huber said...

Fort McLeod, you were so close to Pincher.

Anyway, I really liked the lines in the second photo.

12:51 AM  
Blogger ashley and nicholas said...

sweet... don't even get me started on my feelings about lines, love em. Great background, agreed.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home