Saturday, August 19, 2006

Well they didn't run any of the photos from last week 's peace march, but I saw in opinions/editorial section today that someone had made a fuss about how people were dancing on soldiers graves and flying the hezbollah flag. I didn't see any of that happening, nor did the people who responded to the letter in the opinions section, but it was interesting to read, and interesting to talk to some of the guys who showed up with the "Don't listen to the dirty stinkin hippy" signs. Anyways, I digress. A couple more shots from my amazingly interesting Friday night at the GlobalFest fireworks, and my future bride, Polly Pockets. The people in the office had a few laughs when I filed that one. Calgary, AB-20060812-.Dijla Al-Rekabi holds her peace sign up in the air as she walks with hundreds of others in a march against war in the Middle East that took place Saturday afternoon in Downtown Calgary. Photo by Brett Beadle/Calgary Herald
Friday August 18th - South Africa's fireworks display for GlobalFest 2006 at Elliston Park in S.E. Calgary.
Calgary, AB-20060818-.Herald intern photographer Brett Beadle rejoices after finally finding a woman with a head of equal proportions to his own. Photo by Brett Beadle/Calgary Herald

1 Comments:

Blogger Charla Huber said...

Hey Brett,

Nice fireworks shot, I tried fireworks a few weeks ago and needless to say it was hopless. I think I need few pointers from you.

And by the way, you can do better than Polly.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home